I was determined to make an eggless oatmeal raisin cookie that tasted like one you bought it in a bakery. It took some searching but I finally found this Food.com recipe. The cookie dough is so good you may not get the chance to bake the cookies. I may make the dough and mix it in with some vanilla ice cream for homemade oatmeal raisin cookie dough ice cream. Yum!
I did make one change to the Food.com recipe and used coconut palm sugar. The coconut sugar gives the cookies a butterscotch flavor and is better for your blood sugar. Dr. Oz just talked about it on his show.
1) Beat 1 cup of organic butter (room temperature), 1 cup of coconut palm sugar or cane sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until light and fluffy. Do this by hand. If you use a blender, the butter will heat too much and the cookies will spread. They will be good but better if you mix by hand. Plus, there is less to clean up!
2) Then add 1 1/2 cup of unbleached all purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. I recommend Hand Harvested Fleur de Sel or Himalayan salt.
3) Boil 1/4 cup of water and dissolve 1 teaspoon of baking soda in the water. Buy aluminum free baking soda. Pour the water/soda mixture into the batter.
4) Stir in 2 cups of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of organic thompson raisins, and add the chocolate chips and cinnamon (optional).
Note: I made some with the chocolate chips and some without since my husband is not a chocolate fan. These taste incredible without the chocolate so it up to you if you want to add the chips. If you are craving chocolate, use a chip with more cacao for the antioxidants.
5) Next create a ball of dough using your hands or use a ice cream scooper with spring action to place the dough on unbleached parchment paper. You can use silicone mats if you prefer.
6) Cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Take them out when they are turning golden brown. You do not want to over cook them and these cook fast. Mine were in too long as you will see from the photo. The one I pulled off to test 2 minutes beforehand was a little gooey but tasted much better.
Original Recipe: https://www.food.com/recipe/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies-no-eggs-3954#ixzz1nSQIrmWH